Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Updating after long long time....

Well first of all, I successfully managed to defend my project/thesis for my MS in Software Systems in BITS Pilani.

Let for Jaipur on 15th by plane from mumbai. Then on 16th had a 6 hour bus drive from Jaipur to nowhere, A place called Pilani. It is a small town with no hotels or anything. It's not a town, but a village with the university campus probably taking up most of the space. Luckily the university has a nice guest hotel. On 17th successfully defended my project called "Associative Morphing". The examiner was so impressed that he gave me marks right in front of me and showed me the grade, "EXCELLENT" :). Then again one long 6 hour ride back to jaipur. On 18th went with Jaipur tourism one trip bus and saw almost all Jaipur. And back to Pune on 19th.

Now couple of things I would mention is, Roads in Jaipur and Rajasthan. They are awesome. Smooth, flat and dead straight roads. It was amazing. And there are really no turns on the road. Amzing....

And secondly.... rickshaw drivers in Jaipur .... !@#$@!#. For going 12 kms they charged 200 bucks.... Offcourse, thanks my BARGAINING and very very special KAV KAV skills, I managed to pay Rs 90 once (it was midnight so it was ok...) Rs 60 (morning) and 65 (evening). They recognise tourist very very easily. Thats really sad, because Jaipur is well known tourist destination.

On a very very bright note.... Venkatest Chitnis Got Engaged To Tejaswini Purohit on 17th November. Sadly I was in Jaipur defending my thesis and couldnot attend it.

Sadest party is (which is also going to be case when I get married... if some one marries me that is... ) none of his friend was present because all of them are in USA ( like him) and I am only person left behind. Infact I counted once...Of the 35 really really good friends I have, only 4 are in pune. All others are in USA/UK or Australia....!!!

Well CONGRATS CHITNIS and I hope that U update this blog once a while and give people updates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
-Goremaniac

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you had written something more about the Pilani campus, VFAST Hostel, BITS Library Museum and the folks out there

Wed Dec 06, 01:12:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home